Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tracey Grubb - TechniGraphicS, a CACI company

Name:  Tracey Grubb
Family: n/a
Major & Minor:  Human Geography with Spanish Minor
Year Graduated:  2009
Current Employer:  TechniGraphicS, a CACI company
Length of Employment: 2 years
Interests and Hobbies:  Baking, knitting, traveling, and geocaching.

What helped you decide what route to take after graduation (i.e. graduate school or type of job)?    I wanted to gain career experience before grad school.  I am also aiming to find an employer that will assist in paying for my master's degree.

What do you think gave you to edge to get your current position?  Christina Hupy's advanced GIS course and Joe Hupy's Military Geography course secured my position.

Describe your typical day at work:  I validate and correct data created at a digitizing level due to client specifications.  I use multiple features within arcmap to find errors within the database.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  I see myself climbing the ladder in the GIS world in a large city (preferably DC) and potentially working on my master's part time.

What advice can you give to those who are still in school?  A lot of GIS employers are looking for some coding experience.  I would take some Computer Science courses to get an extra edge.


1 comment:

  1. I had to snag a picture from FB Tracey! You didn't give me one.... Good thing I used some discretion..:)

    ReplyDelete